2nd July 1938 – opening of Brueton Gardens

The official opening of Brueton Gardens on the corner of Warwick Road and Lode Lane, Solihull took place at 11am on 2nd July 1938.

The land, opposite Poplar Road, had previously been occupied by a house called The Poplars, which had been home to Doris Hamilton-Smith, an artist and pupil of Edith Holden (the “Edwardian Lady” whose nature diary was posthumously published in 1977).

Continue reading “2nd July 1938 – opening of Brueton Gardens”

Blog at WordPress.com.

Up ↑