Auxiliary Hospitals

In 1909, the British Red Cross was tasked with helping the Territorial Forces Medical Service in the event of war. It set up local units called ‘Voluntary Aid Detachments’, and members were trained in first aid and nursing.

Auxiliary Hospitals, attached to military hospitals, were established – the following are known to have operated in Solihull:

Continue reading “Auxiliary Hospitals”

Blog at WordPress.com.

Up ↑